Wednesday, February 8, 2012

BWC 2/6/12

Mary, Mr. Tilley and I.  The boys were a little rambunctious at first, Mr. Tilley said "Toe Jam" twice!  They calmed down when Mary started her VTS of (what appeared to be) a knighting ceremony.  The boys are great at looking and seeing.  They are really observant and aren't afraid to disagree with each other.  Then, they got to work on their boards, Oliver had to go to his own table, then Cullum did too.  Mr. Tilley brought Model Magic for the boys to make game pieces when they were ready.  Mr. Tilley also brought premade booklets and instructions for writing the game instructions, along with his own example.  He asked them to name their games, put their own names on, write out how many players, what happens, how you win.  Most of the boys worked on their instructions first.  Will and Jaden 2nd were still doing a lot of drawing on their boards and cards.  Bobby did not want to write, he hemmed and hawed.  I told him, just start with one sentence.  Just the one, and he did.  His instructions weren't extensive or particularily instructive, but he did them.  Then he really wanted me to play his game, so he and I and Bryce played.  It went well and I could tell that he was proud of it.  Then we all played Bryce's game, which was practically impossible to win.  On purpose.  Bryce had rigged it so that you ended up at the start, over and over again, which he thought was hilarious.  He was proud too.  They took their boards home.  I wish I had taken pictures.  Must bring camera next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment