4/2 - VTS by Derrick, then students worked on their Exquisite Corpse Monster drawings, finshed the top and bottom, then they were to trade with each other. Asked them to write about the monster, using descriptive words and sentences. Most of the boys finished this task quickly and moved on to the battle portion, with I-Pad rolling dice. Fun. I stuck with Will and Jaden 2nd, who took the whole time drawing and writing. Mr. Tilley came over too, and we both prompted and prodded them until they finally wrote about their monsters. They both had very intersting things to say, once they finally got around to writing it down. All of the boys seemed to enjoy the project.
4/9 - VTS of Gothic Gargoyles. Moved off of paper with the monsters, into clay. The boys loved it, especially throwing the clay at the table. Some of them were squeamish at first, about the feeling of the clay, but I think they all got over it pretty quickly. Derrick's demo was concise and informative and I think most of the kids followed directions. Some of the in-progress sculptures seem more structurally successful than others, but everyone is off to an enthusiastic start.
No comments:
Post a Comment